- Noblesville East Middle School
Return to School Plan & Virtual Building Tour
Please click the link below for the building tour that was created for our incoming 6th grade students. This will be helpful for all students new to NEMS.
Hello, East Middle School Families!
My name is Dr. Doug Miller, and I am proud to be the new principal at Noblesville East Middle School. I look forward to getting to know your students and your family as our time together begins. I’ve been in education for 24 years and have lived in the Noblesville community for 23 years. I am excited to now be a part of Noblesville Schools!
I wanted to send an update of information regarding the start of the school year which is rapidly approaching. I know you’ve received information and messages from the district, but I wanted to reach out and share items related to East Middle School.
- Safety: First and foremost, we are committed to the safety and security of our students. As always, we are making every decision with student safety as our top priority.
- Student Groupings: We will begin operating school with our student body split into two groups. We will have an East A group and an East B group. Groups will attend in-person classes at school every other day. On the days when they are not in the building, the group of students will complete virtual components of lessons connected to their existing classes. Expect a School Messenger communication with specific group assignments soon. We are working to try and balance numbers as well as allow for siblings to be in the same group.
- Times: Car riders will be allowed to enter the building beginning at 8:35 AM. Bus riders will be released to the building at 8:50 AM. Classes will begin at 9:00 AM. Dismissal time will be 3:50 PM this year. Those times might look a little different than last year, but are needed for our transportation department to make the necessary adjustments. You will receive information directly from transportation regarding specific pick up times at your bus stops.
- Masks: Students will be required to wear masks while attending school. Masks may be removed to eat lunch, during PE activities, and at the teacher’s discretion when proper safety measures are in place. Each student should plan to have at least 2 masks as part of the needed school supplies.
- Health: We ask that parents complete the district health expectation agreement outlining when to keep students home and other home health screening expectations. The agreement can be found at this link. If your student needs to take medication while at school, you can drop off from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM starting the week of July 27. We are also hosting one evening for medication drop off on July 29 from 5:00-7:00 PM. You can sign up on this link.
- iPads: We ask that you have your student power on and unlock their iPad in preparation for the start of school. Parents and students should complete an IPad checklist prior to the start of school. See checklist instructions, the protocol for damaged or locked iPad drop off and pick up Link HERE. For any additional tech questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Lunch: Several safety precautions will be in place in order to serve lunch. Students will be asked and given time to wash hands before and after their lunch period. We will only seat students within their grade-level teams in our cafeteria. Students will also sit in every other seat around tables allowing for additional distance. We will control the flow in the lunch lines to keep students at a safe distance as well. Food items will be wrapped and served differently this year.
For additional information refer to the 2020-2021 Noblesville East Middle School Return to School Plan.
We look forward to the start of the school year, and I look forward to meeting you in the future. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Remember, we Millers are always Learning, Responsible, Respectful and Safe. Everyone be proud to be an East Miller!
Dr. Doug Miller