- Noblesville High School
Summer School Application
General Information and FAQ’s
Summer School 2019
Dates: Traditional Courses Session 1 June 4-June 24
Session 2 June 25-July 16, excluding July 4
Online Courses June 4 - July 8 (5 weeks to complete course, if needed)
Times: 7:35 AM - 12:35 PM
Traditional Courses: meet Monday-Friday at the school during the hours listed above. Please take note that the math classes often operate on a “work at your own pace” basis and are most likely repeater classes. Some students may finish earlier than others. Government and Econ classes only - students will be expected to be present all 15 days. These two classes are the only traditional classes offered in order for students to get ahead their senior year.
PE is a blended summer course. The students will meet in the school’s south auxiliary gym for activity days on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and will complete iPE activities on Tuesdays and Fridays (iPE is an online interactive PE program operated through Canvas). Due to the nature of the class, students cannot miss any or part of any of the scheduled activity days at NHS. Lastly, students must complete all iPE assignments in addition to successfully completing all class time activities.
Online Courses - Online courses are completed almost entirely independently. Students will come in to school only for the final exam. These classes are designed to be self-paced and independent. Ipads will be used for these classes. There will be a mandatory online/blended course information meeting during AL near the end of May. Students wanting to take 2 online classes need to have a GPA of 3.5 or higher, have exceptional attendance, and be approved by Administration. Students must have 30% of the course completed within the first 2 weeks of the course (June 18), or they will be automatically dropped from the course.
Online Health CPR Dates: TBD (These are dates that students must be in attendance)
- School transportation/bus service will not be provided for summer school.
- Feel free to call Hamilton County Express at 317-773-2688 or visit their website here if transportation is needed for summer school. Hamilton County Express suggests booking transportation at least 2 weeks prior to the date(s) needing service.
- 1 summer PE class = 1 semester of PE (2 semesters are required to graduate)
- Gym clothes/shoes/swimsuit/towel should be worn and brought for PE class. It is strongly suggested that students bring water and a snack every day.
- Lunch WILL NOT be provided.
- Attendance: Students not attending class and/or not making progress in their course(s) can and will be removed from the course(s).
- Administration will review multiple online class applications on a regular basis. Once approved, the student will receive a confirmation email. Note: taking 2 online classes will be challenging and time consuming, so the student/family will need to plan accordingly. Students must have 30% of each online course completed by June 18 (first 2 weeks of the course), or they will be automatically dropped from the course.
- Applications are to be turned in to Mrs. Annie Davis in the front office at NHS by May 1.
- All questions regarding courses, payment, etc., can be directed to this email email@example.com.