Return to Headlines
1:1 iPad Information
Beginning with the 2017-18 school year, each student in 4th and 5th grade may bring in their own or will be provided a school-issued iPad. Below is the information given to parents to address technology for 4th-5th grade students.
Topics discussed included:
- The rationale for placing iPads in the hands of 4th and 5th grade students
- Providing a relevant and engaging 21st century educational experience for students
- The benefits of a 1:1 learning environment and the impact on instruction and student learning
- Plans for distributing iPads to students and the role parents will have in this process
- Lessons to promote digital citizenship and responsible use of technology
- Examples of iPad pilot success in elementary classrooms
- The cost and maintenance of iPads
Learn more about this initiative by visiting the 1:1 iPad website.