Noblesville Schools Health Services Department is strongly committed to student health and well-being. A child who is not healthy is unlikely to be alert, attentive, and ready to learn (NASN, 2002). A comprehensive school health program promotes student success. Noblesville Schools has the equivalent of 12 full-time school nurses who provide nursing services in all of our elementary, middle and secondary schools. Noblesville Schools Nurses are also required to hold current First Aid and CPR cards. The School Nurse serves as the health professional for the school community and provides a variety of services that support student learning.
Our Comprehensive School Health Program includes school health services, health education, and health promotion:
- Preventative and early identification services including screening programs for vision and hearing
- Emergency care for illness and injuries, and referral
- Management of acute and chronic health conditions
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Management and monitoring of communicable diseases
- Immunization compliance
- Health Education
Partnering with parents and school community to promote wellness and prevention.
Supporting a healthy school environment which includes a safe physical and psychological environment.