Welcome!Coaches & Admin Contact Info:Boys Cross Country Coach: Steven Olson email@example.comGirls Cross Country Coach: Dean Mueller firstname.lastname@example.orgAthletic Trainer: Tony Zorger. email@example.comAthletic Director: Rick Fields firstname.lastname@example.orgPractice Information:
Fall Sports Parent Meeting: **VIRTUAL** parent meeting using Google Meet; Monday, August 17 @7:30 PM. Please e-mail Coach Olson using the e-mail above in order to get the link for the meeting.Here is a recording of our virtual parent meeting held on Monday, August 17:Parent Registration: Filling out this quick survey will help you stay "in the know" as Coach Olson and Coach Mueller will send out e-mails throughout the season with important updates and news.NEMS Home Cross Country Course Map: Our home XC course is behind White River Elementary (1900 Cumberland Rd). HERE is an aerial view of the course map with distances marked.NEMS Cross Country Team Store: Our 2020 team gear can be ordered using this link. Please know the deadline for ordering ALL team gear is Wednesday, August 19 at 11:59 PM.
- First Practice: Thursday, August 6, 4:00-5:30. If you can't make it to the first practice, you can still start at a later time. Please e-mail the coaches and let them know that.
- Practice runs Monday-Friday 4:00-5:30 pm.
- Runners who are attending in-person class meet by the wall of sports pictures and go to the locker rooms by the main gymnasium.
- Runners who are virtual will need to be dropped off at 4:05 outside of Gate 5 dressed and ready to run. A coach will meet them there.
- **If the physical form and RankOne forms are not turned in, Coach Olson and Coach Mueller can NOT let your runner participate in any practices.
- All student-athletes must have these three items to practice during the 2020 season:
- Face Mask w/Ziploc Bag - All runners must have a face mask. This face mask will be worn during warm-ups and cool-downs (stretching). The only time the runner will not be wearing the mask is during the actual workout. If a runner shows up with no face mask, that runner will not be allowed to practice.
- Water Bottle - This is just as important as the face mask. EVERY runner needs to have their own water bottle. Please make sure it holds at least 32 oz of water. The water fountains are all turned off this year at the school. In some ways, this is good because, during the school day, there's no excuse for any of them to be dehydrated for practice. Water bottles are allowed to be carried throughout the day. There is no sharing of any water bottle. This is a hard and strict rule that will be enforced. If your runner does not have his water bottle for a day, that runner will not practice since they will not have any fluids to re-hydrate during practice.
- Small/Personal Bottle of Hand Sanitizer - doesn't matter the brand. Please just make sure each runner has their own bottle for their own personal use.