Welcome to the Noblesville West Middle School Choral Department. The 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Choirs are broken into two periods that meet during the school day.
2018-2019 NWMS CHOIR DATES
6th, 7th , 8th
Choir Room Hallway
6th, 7th , 8th
6th, 7th, 8th
6th & 8th Grade Choirs
7th Grade Choir
**Dates and Times are subject to change**
2019-2020 Show Choir List will be posted by May 1st.
STUDENTS- Before you discover your placement, remember:
- I care about you.
- Sometimes, the lessons we don't want to hear are the ones we must learn. They prepare us for life.
- Life is hard. I'm sorry, but it is at times.
- Reactions should be professional. Celebrate or mourn away from the performing arts rooms.
- Do not tell anyone their placement. Do not take pictures/screenshots and send them. Everyone deserves the chance to discover the results just as you do.
- Both the number of auditioning students and the quality of musicians within the program have been increasing. This is making it increasingly more competitive to get into the advanced ensembles.
- If you did your best, that is all you can do. You can only control your level of effort.
- If you have questions, you can come talk to me in a composed manner. I will be honest with you because...
- I care about you.
PARENTS - I would ask for the following considerations upon learning your child's' placement. Having a discussion with your child BEFORE results are posted often helps what can be a valuable learning experience.
- We are all here for the betterment of your students. I care about them.
- I am hired to give them the best musical advice and experience I can possibly give. I must assess them as best I can based on their audition performances.
- All are working hard and many are also taking private lessons to improve.
- Emotions can cloud judgment.
- Students' careers in music are always in a state of flux. I must take a snapshot through auditions to capture their progress in that moment. I consider many factors in addition to the audition, including my prior experience with them in rehearsals. Seniority in the program is not a factor in our decision. I am selecting the best 6th and 7th grade musicians.
- This year there are more students NOT accepted than will be accepted. For that reason, it is important to have the conversation with students regarding the best reaction to news that may not be the news you wanted.
Parents, I would ask that you allow students to advocate for themselves by contacting me directly should there be any questions. If after that direct communication, parents would like further information, please feel free to contact me.
2019-2020 Show Choir List
The following students are invited to join the Westside Sound Show Choir for the 2019-20 School year. In order to accept the invitation, please fill out and return the Show Choir CPO Financial & Information Form to Mr. Axsom.
2019-20 SHOW CHOIR PARENT MEETING: May 8, 2019 at 7pm in the Choir Room (Door #2)
I am very proud of each student that auditioned this year. There were over 100 students that participated in try-outs!
8th Grade KINGS ISLAND INFORMATION
DATE: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Departure: Buses leave NWMS Flagpole at 7:00 AM sharp, (Be here at 6:45am)
Return: Buses will arrive back at NWMS flagpole by 9:45 PM. *Make sure you have a ride home at this time.
Cost: The price is $80.00.
This covers bus transportation, admission price, drink band, shirt cost and entrance into the Park and Water Park. Please have your payment turned in by Friday, May 17, 2019. All checks should be made payable to NWMS. The safety of your son/daughter is very important to us. All NWMS students will wear matching T-shirts. These will be handed out before the trip. These shirts are not to be altered in any way. (This allows our chaperones to recognize who is an NWMS student). We require the buddy system. Every student will be with at least 3 other NWMS performing arts students at all times. Students will only be with an adult if you specifically request it on the permission slip. If a student gets separated from their group, it will be their responsibility to find another NWMS group or go to the Eiffel Tower where there will be a chaperone at all times. There will be a group check in at 2:00 at the Eiffel Tower. Every student will check in between 1:45 and 2:15. If students do not check in within 15 minutes of the report time, they will then be assigned to a Chaperone for the remainder of the day. “I was in line for a ride” is not an excuse. All students will meet at the Eiffel Tower at 7:00 P.M. All students should eat dinner and use the restroom before checking in. Buses will leave Kings’ Island no later than 7:30 pm. Students should bring money for lunch, dinner and any souvenirs.
We will need a few parents to help chaperone. Chaperone Duties: *Supervise any students who need to be with an adult all day. *Take turns sitting under the Eiffel Tower for any students who need assistance. *Monitor the behavior on the bus. *Monitor the behavior in the park and bring any students who are not behaving in an appropriate manner to the Eiffel Tower and contact their teacher *Students need to remain seated and keep voices at a medium volume on the bus.
If you have any questions feel free to email at our school emails. Elizabeth_jackson@nobl.k12.in.us Alex_Axsom@nobl.k12.in.us or Stacey_White@nobl.k12.in.us Leslie_Wales@nobl.k12.in.us
Students will provide: Khaki dress pants (tan, long, NO Cargo Pants), black belt, black socks, and black shoes.
Students will purchase from the school: NWMS Choir Polo (approx. $10-$15). These shirts will be worn in all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade choirs.