Noblesville Schools is now offering a limited number of free wireless hotspot devices to students who have limited or no internet access at home.
Every Miller Connected is a program sponsored by Noblesville Schools. It gives students with the greatest need the opportunity to borrow a free “hotspot” for use during the school year.
Mobile hotspots allow free access to the internet. Multiple students can sign on to a single hotspot, so students are asked to coordinate use. Both the device and monthly service fees are fully paid by the district. The program is intended to help district students access online resources at home to help bridge the digital divide and ensure educational equity.
To ensure peace of mind for parents, these devices use internet content filtering and browsing history is recorded. Only one device may be borrowed per household.
For students to participate in this program, parents must complete this form. Families unable to complete the online form may call the technology help desk at (317) 773-2130 for assistance. By signing this form, the parent agrees to assume all responsibility for equipment checked out to the student. A replacement fee of $100 will be charged if the device is lost, damaged or not returned. The existing district Technology Protection Plan can cover the cost of any damaged hotspot devices, but damage(s) due to intentional reckless, willful, wanton and/or malicious conduct is not covered.
Steps for Obtaining a Hotspot
- Complete the online application.
- Applications will be approved by the district administrative staff. Approval will be given to those students who meet financial eligibility guidelines.
- Approved applicants will be notified when they may pick up the hotspot at the Educational Services Center located at 18025 River Rd. Noblesville, IN 46062.
- Families bring the device home and connect to their district-provided iPad.
- All devices must be returned before the end of the school year.
Who is eligible to participate
This program is open to Noblesville Schools students who are fully enrolled in one of the 10 district schools. Priority will be given to students on the free/reduced lunch list and who have little to no household internet access. The district reserves the right to loan devices to any student who shows a need.
Is there a cost?
Borrowing a hotspot is free. There are no fees for the device or the service. If the device is lost, stolen, or damaged, a $100 fee will be charged to parents. The MillerCare+ protection plan can cover any possible damages, but it will not cover the cost if the device is lost or stolen and will not cover damage(s) due to intentional reckless, willful, wanton and/or malicious conduct.
Rules of use
- Hotspots are provided and maintained by Noblesville Schools. If problems occur while using the hotspot, contact the district technology support line at (317) 773-2130.
- The borrower is responsible for ensuring the hotspot is not damaged, lost, or stolen. The replacement cost for the hotspot is $100. The school media center specialist/aide should be notified immediately of any damaged, lost, or stolen hotspot.
- Hotspots are provided for educational use. Users must adhere to the rules listed here, as well as those included in the district Responsible Use Policy and the Student Handbook.
- Hotspots must be returned to Noblesville Schools at the end of the school year, upon the request of district administration, or upon withdrawal from the district.
- Hotspots are for use by students enrolled in Noblesville Schools only and should only be used on school-issued devices.
- Bypassing the internet filter, resetting the hotspot, or reconfiguring the hotspot is strictly prohibited and cause for immediate removal from the district’s Every Miller Connected program. This behavior will also be subject to possible school discipline.