Education is the heart of our mission and the Department of Learning leads this effort for Noblesville Schools.
Assistant superintendent of learning Ryan Rich, Ed.S., is responsible across the district for:
- Special Education
- Student Services
Additionally, the Department of Learning oversees principal and educator professional growth and evaluation, high-ability programming, media services, English language learner support, counseling, assessments, and several federal grants that enhance student academics.
This collaborative organizational structure puts learning at the center of all district departments that serve students.
Our innovative approach to education means our students take advantage of deeper, more relevant learning, and our academic achievements make us a top-performing district in the state.
- Noblesville Schools is an “A” district as rated by the Indiana Department of Education, scoring above the state and national averages in academic testing data.
- We’ve been recognized in the top 1% nationally for our science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) curriculum and are one of only a few districts in the state to offer Project Lead the Way STEM programming in grades K-12.
- Noblesville High School has been named to the national Advanced Placement (AP) Honor Roll for multiple years for their AP achievements.
- Our graduates are among the highest scholarship and advanced college credit earners in the state, and Noblesville High School boasts multiple prestigious full-ride scholarship winners and Ivy League acceptances.
- Our high school internship program is the largest in the state and we've been recognized at the state and national level for student college and career readiness.
- Noblesville High School has been named a top advanced manufacturing education partner in the state.
- We’re a Best Community for Music Education as named by the National Association of Music Merchants Foundation for multiple years in a row.
- We’re the only district in the state to have all our schools recognized as Unified Champion Schools by Special Olympics and are considered a leader for students with special needs.
- We’ve been honored by Apple for our leadership in educational technology at the district and school levels.
- Our educator staff includes a national presidential teaching award winner, an Indiana teacher of the year finalist, an Indiana world language teacher of the year and a state music educator of the year.
- We have numerous student state and national championship recognitions for academic accomplishments including national debate champions, national DECA business champions and national journalism/writing honors.
- We are regularly studied by surrounding high-performing schools looking to emulate our success.
Department of Learning
Ryan Rich, Ed.S.
Dr. Jen Townsend