"Just Say Hi: Inclusion Revolution"
Disability Awareness Week - May 8th-12th-The theme for the week is “Just Say Hi : Inclusion Revolution". Noblesville Schools is celebrating
our learner-centered culture where all learners’ abilities are
celebrated. Noblesville Schools is participating in the revolution by
discussing the diverse abilities of our learners and helping to share
the message of inclusion of all learners, especially those with
disabilities. We want to to teach all learners that inclusion can start
by “Just Saying Hi” to a peer with abilities different than themselves. The "Inclusion Revolution" where Noblesville Schools includes all
members of our communities every day of the year.
Some activities happening in our schools this week!
- May 8th, “Just Say Hi” Monday - I’m Your Friend” - Just say Hi to someone that you do not know.
- Wear Your Buttons all Week
- May 9th, "Inclusionary Tuesday - I’m Your Family Member”
- Poster/Essay Contest Complete writing prompt and/or create posters.
- May 10th, Accessibility Wednesday - “I’m Your Neighbor” - Think of way to help a friend
- Parent Event Evening, 6-8pm @ NWMS
- May 11th, Universal Thursday - “I’m Your Classmate” Partner up with different physical abilities than you to complete an activity.
- Preschool Unified Track at the stadium
- May 12th, Unified Friday- “I’m Your Teammate” Make plans to be partners on projects in the future.
- K-12 Unified Track Friday at the stadium
is a unified experience for Noblesville Schools' K -12 Special
Olympics athletes and their general education peers competing together
in track and field.
Special Education Information Night- Transitioning to a New School Year! May 10th, 6-8:00pm @ NWMS
Come join the Noblesville Schools Team to socialize, learn about special education programs and resources! Child care movie room will be available.
The evening is sponsored by the PLT-Special Education Parent Leadership Team
Fun Fridays 2016-17
The Noblesville Schools Special Education
Directors have enjoyed meeting with parents throughout the school year. We hope that you have also found Fun Fridays to be helpful. We look forward to planning for the 2017-18 school year. Enjoy the rest of this school year and have a safe and fun summer break.
Crossroads presents-Family Support meetings
A great link for information which may benefit many children and families
Indy with Kids: Special Needs Sports Directory for the Indy area
Subscribe to the monthly newsletter! It's a good thing!
Summer Camps 2017 Indiana Resource Center on Autism (IRCA) has an article on summer camps and information on several camps in the state.