2018-19 School Year!Posted by Special Education Department on 10/17/2018
Special Education Department
UNIFIED MILLERS, LEARN-WORK-LIVE-PLAY-UNIFIED
Mark Booth, Director of Special Education
Melissa Sheets, Assistant Director
The Special Education Department welcomes you to the 2018-19 school year as it is off to an exciting start. The Special Education Department has a team available to collaborate with you to support our students. The Teacher of Record is a great resource if you have specific questions about IEP services. In addition to the Teacher of Record, many additional team members are available to support students. Here is a list of Special Education Department members by building.
In addition to the building teams, we have a team at the Educational Services Center to help you. Along with the directors Mark Booth and Melissa Sheets, Stephanie Nale, Department Secretary, Behavior Specialist Seema Kumrah, Abby Magnusen and Private School Coordinator Holly Coons are housed at the Educational Services Center.
The department is excited to share some returning and new additions:
- Monthly Fun Fridays are back
- Best Buddies program at the middle schools and high school
- Playground equipment has been updated to be accessible to all students
- Finch Creek Fieldhouse, Newly added Project Work site
- Unified Sports at NHS, flag football, track & field and bowling
- Unified Champion Schools will be demonstrating their accomplishments during the Unified Millers week in May
- Miller Magic Basketball game at NWMS each semester
Mark Booth email@example.com
Melissa Sheets firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Nale email@example.com
Seema Kumrah firstname.lastname@example.org
Abby Magnusen email@example.com
Holly Coons firstname.lastname@example.org
The Special Education Department wants to connect and keep you updated with what the students are accomplishing in our district. Please join our social media, FB and Twitter. We also want to keep you abreast of useful, interesting and current information via the special education website. We look forward to connecting with you.