WELCOME TO THE NOBLESVILLE WEST MIDDLE SCHOOL CHOIR PAGE!
The Noblesville West Middle School Choral Music Department is dedicated to providing high quality training for our students by highly qualified teachers and clinicians. Our performers focus on vocal technique, performance skills, and life-changing skills through specifically tailored classes and training. Noblesville West Middle School Choral Music Department believes that by achieving excellence in the performing arts, students can and will strive for excellence in all areas. For this reason, the Noblesville West Middle School Choral Music Department is committed to making the productions at West Engaging, Inspiring, Empowering, and most of all, Entertaining.
The 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Choirs are broken into two periods that meet during the school day.
2023 ISSMA Organizational Contest Results
Thank you to all of the NWMS Choir parents and supporters who came to the contest at Elwood on Saturday. ISSMA Contest is a chance for students to show growth through the singing of a challenging set of choral repertoire.
All of our students performed very well. Each choir earned Gold Ratings from all three judges!
The 6th Grade Choir earned a Gold Rating "With Distinction" in Group IV.
The 7th Grade Choir earned a Gold Rating "With Distinction" in Group III.
The 8th Grade Choir earned a Gold Rating "With Distinction" in Group I.
Choir is a yearlong course. We have a total of 3-4 performances throughout the year - *Fall, Winter, & Spring Concerts, plus ISSMA Contest in March. We sing a varied repertoire of music, ranging from classical to pop to Broadway to spirituals and even songs in other languages! We also do some choreography (dancing)! Students who are in both Choir and Band/Orchestra will attend Band/Orchestra 3 times a week, and Choir 2 times a week.
Performances/Projects - 30%
Rehearsal Technique: 30%
Written or other Assignments: 20%
Tests/Quizzes/Virtual Assignments - 20%
Choir Room Rules & Expectations
- Students will respect their peers, director, support staff, and the property of the NWMS Performing Arts Department.
- Students will fully participate in all choir activities.
- Students will not chew gum during class. There is also no food, candy, or drinks other than water allowed in the choir room.
- Students will come to class on time and be ready to begin class when the bell rings. This includes using the restroom BEFORE coming to class.
- Students will come to class prepared with all necessary materials: iPad, Mask, Water Bottle (optional)
- Students will put their cell phones away during class and will follow all iPad guidelines.
- Students will follow all other school policies as they are outlined in the student handbook.
Choir Concert Dates
8/16/22 Fundraiser Kick off
9/19/22 Fundraiser Delivery Week
9/22/22 Fall Choir Concert
TBA Winter Choir Concert
3/11/23 ISSMA Organizational Contest Week #1
3/18/23 ISSMA Organizational Contest Week #2
5/23/23 Spring Choir Concert
6/1/23 8th Grade Performing Arts King's Island Trip
Let's Get Connected
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Mr. Alex Axsom
Preferred Contact Method
Alternate Contact Methods
317-776-7792 ext. 18275