Freshman Important Things to Do
- Check your schedule to make sure you are taking every class you need for the diploma you are seeking. Visit your guidance counselor immediately if your schedule is incorrect.
- Attend the NHS College/Career/Military Night in September.
- Visit the Guidance Website to investigate college and career planning opportunities.
- Join clubs, activities and volunteer organizations in your area of interest.
- Take the PLAN at NHS -- Wednesday, October 30, 7:35 am.
- Become familiar with PowerSchool by logging in often to view your grades.
- Review your next year’s schedule. Reminder: Schedule changes end at 3pm on June 15th.
- Seek out summer opportunities that allow you to explore your next steps and career goals (e.g. visit college campuses, talk with military representatives, summer jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities).