Applying for Need-Based Grants & Aid

  • To apply for need-based grants and aid, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). 
    The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is your ticket to federal, state and institutional (from your college) aid.  Anyone who will be enrolled in college the following fall should file the FAFSA, including high school seniors and returning college students.  You should file the FAFSA even if you're not sure if you will enroll, or if you are currently in college.  You'll never know your financial aid package if you don't file the FAFSA.  After filing your FAFSA, your college will be able to tell you which scholarships and grants you could receive as well as how much money you can borrow.

Sources of Need-Based Grants & Aid