College Application Process and Other Important Information
Meeting with College, Military, Employer Representatives to NHS
Most representatives will visit during lunch in the junior/senior cafeteria. Take time to meet with these representatives.
How to Arrange a Campus/Military/Job Shadowing Experience
A maximum of three (3) days per semester may be used to visit college campuses, meet with military personnel, or interview for employment during school time. The procedure is:
- Schedule an appointment by calling the college admissions office, military branch or employer you would like to visit.
- Stop by the Guidance Office or download your College, Career, and Military Visit Form.
- Have a parent sign the form.Present this form to the college/military/business representative for a signature verifying visit occurred.
- Submit the completed form to the attendance office after your visit.
- All absences will be considered unexcused until the required documentation is received in the attendance office. Upon receipt of documentation, the visit will be recorded as a field trip.
College Application Process1. Complete your college application by applying online at the college website.If you don't know the exact name use google to help you find it.
2. Track your application process and request transcripts through Naviance.
3. Retake or take the SAT/ACT which is needed for most 4 year colleges.Go to www.sat.collegeboard.org to register for the SAT or www.actstudent.org to register for the ACT.Other Important Documents: